Samurai Warriors: State of War for PSP is a tactical action game set in the turbulent times of civil war Japan. Players will get to take control of famous military commanders and other legendary characters, and engage in a multitude of battles in a dramatically unfolding war.
From the thrill of carving your way through a flood of enemy soldiers to the stunning dramatic scenes, all the best-loved features from the acclaimed PS2 version make their triumphant return. And with the inclusion of new features such as the Battlefield Area System, which adds new strategic gameplay ideal for portable gaming, and full screen action, this is everything fans of the game could wish for in their pocket.
Samurai Warriors: State of War is sure to enthrall you, whether you're a battle-hardened veteran of Samurai Warriors and Samurai Warriors Xtreme Legends, or if this is your first time to experience the drama and intensity of samurai-era Japan.
- Samurai Warriors: State of War is set in civil war Japan, when great commanders such as Nobunaga Oda, Shingen Takeda, and Kenshin Uesugi struggled for control of the country. Arm yourself with classic Japanese weaponry such as katanas and shuriken, and launch into the chaos of 16th century Japan.
- The action is relentless, and ranges from massive open-field warfare to sieges of trap-laden castles. With a variety of unique characters, moves, and environments, Samurai Warriors: State of War will give you an unrivalled taste of Japan's most volatile era.
- Many prominent figures from Japanese history make their appearance in Samurai Warriors: State of War, including the legendary soldier Yukimura Sanada, the revolutionary Nobunaga Oda, and the enigmatic ninja Hattori Hanzo. Each character has signature weapons and skills, as well as their unique role to play in this dramatic epic.
- Samurai Warriors: State of War offers an all-new story structure that lets you align your characters with a specific army corps. Select a corps for your character, and guide them through a series of tactical and action stages. Once that particular story reaches its conclusion, you will get an ending, and then have the chance to take the same character down a different story path. There are six playable characters at the start, with many more characters and story paths to unlock.
- In this game, the player is joined on the battlefield by an extremely capable "second in command" bodyguard. There are 200 of these bodyguards to choose from, and in addition to fighting along side you, they will raise your stats and offer other benefits. As your bodyguards grow, they will become true partners in battle, and be able to perform some PSP-exclusive actions!
- Samurai Warriors: State of War's "Battlefield Area System" divides the battlefield into smaller, strategic sections, making the game perfect for quick, portable play. In addition, there are many long-term elements that will keep you coming back for more, such as the raising of character and equipment stats.
- By popular demand, competitive multiplayer combat is available, with support for up to four players. This competitive mode offers quick gameplay over a variety of stages, and there are additional items that can be gained in this mode as well.